Skip to main content

from bad authors & more

First... let me show you guys my freaking new books... which are pretty cool
Me and my family bought some of them, I gotta tell you that these are way better than the "proof" books, perhaps they put more effort when the customers are "real". 

I was pretty happy when they arrived, so happy that I continued my second book, well, that and the fact that I have a little more time for the writing. 

We are in Tlaxcala, another state in Mexico... it's really cold and windy, but the panoramics are something wonderful. This is my real job, we are specialists in mechanical vibration analysis, so we go and check different machines, and we also give a technical training to analysts... I lied to you guys, I am not really an author, If I were, I would already be dead of starvation or something.

The Tlaxcaltecas were an indigenous tribe in Mexico, they were paying tribute to the triple alliance (Mexicas, Texcoco, and Tlacopan)... Indigenous tribes in Mexico were kind of dicks to the lesser tribes... The Tlaxcaltecas met the Spaniards and even fought them, they were scared by the European technology (horses, iron and gun powder)... and I guess they became best friends , or something...


All this, because I really hate when people say that the Spaniards conquered Mexico, do you know that most of the indigenous population (almost 90%) were wiped out by diseases? The other part is that the Spaniards got the aid from different other tribes who were not happy with their formers "rulers". Changing some crazy fuckers for another crazy fuckers... These different tribes who helped the Spaniards, later converted to Christianity, and some of them (even to these days) got to keep their last names. I remember that a P.h.D teacher of mine got a last name: Tecpoyotl, which if I remember correctly, it means something like "stone heart", or "fire heart" (something like that) 

And you can't really hate on the Tlaxcaltecas, they were tired of the triple alliance and their stupid taxes, and well, the Spaniards were really fucking bastard animals, raping and killing just because they could... Power corrupts the soul.

BTW, this post has nothing to do with the title :P 

I was reading on 9gag (a great place to lose your time) about this polish Author, he is the creator of the Witcher. Apparently a software team named CD project red, took all these stories (partly based on Polish folklore), and they created a wonderful series of games. They made a contract with this Author, and this guy apparently sold his rights really cheap. The video game series turned out to be great and even Netflix is planning (in a future) a series about the game. The author appeared later to sue the software company. He is demanding more money from them, even though that the popularity of the Witcher series have also increased the crave for his books.

In the same 9gag, there was another Author who was happy just because, he saw his book in the Pirate bay, he didn't care about the money; he loved the fact that his books were that good that some other people were sharing them.

Piracy, of course is a double edged sword.

I have always think that the best kind of publicity you could get is from your friends and relatives, it makes sense, right? Imagine the following: your cousin downloads a wonderful tv series, he loves it that much that he recommends it to you. If you have the money to buy it, you will buy it, because your cousin is recommending it, and you know he has a good taste... The problem with Piracy is that there are some guys getting richer with your work. For example... In Mexico there are lots of "tienditas" (little markets) where you can get dvd's or cd's. These are sold and people can watch it in the commodity of their homes (if they still got dvd players). Believe it or not, the narco has some money on it. If you are paying for some pirated movies, who knows, maybe you are helping your local narco businessmen who might kidnap you next week; you are essentially funding them.

We are... loosing the thread in here! (as always)

What I wanted to conclude is that there are fucking authors who only want money, look, it's cool to have the money, but you should think more of your work, the quality of your work, how good might people take it, and why not, worry about your behavior. If you keep on being a dick to everybody, somebody will eventually is bound to kill you, you don't want that to happen, right?

I would like to keep on writing, but I am a little too drunk, and tired... we need to get up early in the morning, guess what we have been eating so far? Chilaquiles!!
Last Week I craved some chilaquiles, but eating them, the whole fucking week... My stomach is complaining, my insides are not happy, but it also might have something to do with the copious amount of coffee that I'm taking.

See you around, strangers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This was going to be the Abyector... a word that doesn't exist in English, and was not in my vocabulary... but Abyecto in Spanish does exist and it basically means: someone that is really a scumbag... and since it doesn't exist in English, I will now baptize this cool creation of mine as an Abyector ©. Why not? this is my world, this is my realm.  And it is funny how sometimes words come to you... I was going to save this guy in Krita , but I lacked its name... and my inner voice told me: Why not Abyector? and I was like... what the fuck is an Abyector? what does that even mean? A little search with my friend, Mr. Google, and I mistook the first result which was in Spanish... so... a happy mistake. Anyway... I was thinking of introducing the machines on the second volume of my saga: a full robot armada, besieging our magical and strange world. I even wrote the chapter for it, but I decided to wait... there will be robots, but just small killing squads terrorizin...

Glider V.2.

This is the Saurian glider , it is slightly modified from the previous one , but this is what I love about engineering; the beauty of precision. I learnt Autocad a long time ago, learning inventor is entirely something else, and I still prefer Autocad for doing 3D models, Inventor requires lots of practice and has lots of bugs; nonetheless, it has plenty of advantages over Autocad. Anyway, we are not here to discuss about Inventor or Autocad, the glider is a fighter for the Saurian Empire . These specific crafts have a huge disk on the middle which allow them to ascend or descend in a quickly matter of time (they use centrifugal force). Their wings are just to stabilize them on flight but essentially their way of moving is because of this central disk... and I still need to imagine about the rest of the saurian air/space vessels and the rest of the congregation , i.e. the ones commanded by the Sergovnian , the Mourasam's (on book 2), and about the machine's as...

The real Narco Mexico

These are some of the different classes of Saurians . The Trackers have enhanced senses of smelling, hearing, and seeing. They are widely used in Saurian patrols to pursue or locate their enemies.  Changelings can "transform" into their enemies (provided, these don't have great smelling senses, or magical traps). Changelings are used as infiltrators; their job is to sow panic and chaos behind enemy ranks. Fighters or Soldiers tend to be shorter, bulkier, but stronger. They can't move swiftly as the previous classes, instead, they are fighting masters, and are the most resilient of them. They are an important faction in my book: Magika Scientifica B1: Tainted Sun   As you can see, I did use some delimiting line to mark them... it is really hard to just drop that thin black line... so... mea culpa, mea culpa. By the way! Happy holidays and etcetera . The real great thing about these holidays is that the family gets together, and you can infect ot...